Monday, November 05, 2012

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas by Craftin' Judy
Merry Christmas, a photo by Craftin' Judy on Flickr.

This is for Day 6 of the Holiday Card Workshop design by Shari Carroll.
I didn't have a very big star so I made 3 small ones instead. As I also don't own any distress markers I stamped various distress inks on my craft sheet and blended with a brush and a little water. Same type of effect I think!
Supplies used:
Hero Arts CG324 Holiday Background stamped with Color Box Olive Pastel Chalk Ink.
Star stamp is HSH322D from http://www.heathersstamping.com (a store here in Ottawa, Canada that I frequent).
White snowflake strip from the Cuttlebug Winter Wonderland Set.
Spellbinders Labels Four for the die cut at the bottom of each strip.
Sentiment is from the same large background stamp. What I did here was ink up the words with a black marker and stamped on the strip of green. (You can see the same words just to the left of my green strip).
Added a gemstone to each centre star and some for added sparkle.
Hope you like my version. Thanks Shari for being such a great teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment