Monday, December 02, 2013

Noel tag

Noel tag by Judyt28
Noel tag, a photo by Judyt28 on Flickr.
Hi everyone,
Just popped in to share a tag that I had created for last week's Wednesday challenge at Simon Says Stamp.
The theme is Anything Goes and if you have Tim Holtz products, the better!
Here I used all Tim Holtz products to create the background of my tag.
I first applied the snowman mask to my tag then applied different Distress inks on my craft sheet, spritzed with some water and tapped the tag onto the mix of inks. This is my favorite technique! When that was dry I added a snowflake mask and used my dauber to add some Iced Spruce ink around that.
I decided the background was too plain so decided to add a few white drops of paint for some snow. Still too plain I then decided to add some Distress crackle paint to the whole tag which gave it a nice wet look, kinda icy finish.
Took some wooden snowflakes and added some Vintage photo to those to darken them up a little.
The Noël is a chipboard piece which I added gold Stickles to.
Added some wide, shiny gold ribbon and a little black rhinestone for the snowman's eye. Also rubbed some gold metallic around the edgesl.
I probably didn't apply all the inks and such to the tag in quite the order that they should have been but I was quite pleased with the results.
Hope you like it too and thanks for stopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment