Monday, July 07, 2014

Sending sunshine


Hello there,

I'm sharing a card that I made above for the current challenge at http://thecuttingedgechallenge.blogspot.ca
inspired by this card





Also entered in Virginia's die cut challenge over at http://virginiasviewchallenge.blogspot.ca/2014/07/virginias-view-challenge-5.html



July 2014 (Die Cut)

I used a couple of dies here and layered them.
First I took the solid background die and cut that out. With the remaining piece of cardstock that was leftover I applied various colours of watercolour pencils.
I fit the white solid piece back like a puzzle so that I would have the white background to make it look like windows to which I left some of the black squares.
Die cut the nightline in black and adhered over the white piece.
Added a sentiment and a strip of yellow cardstock for a little added pop of colour.

There you have it and thanks for stopping by.

Supplies used: Memory Box dies - Cityscape Silhouette & Cityscape Nightline
Hero Arts sentiment from Thoughtful Messages
Lore Cornell watercolour pencils

1 comment:

  1. Very cool skyline! Love those white squares as lights, clever crafter :)

    ReplyDelete