Monday, August 25, 2014

Thinking of you

Hi there everyone,

I have to say that I had a lot of fun creating this card for the current challenge at http://a2zscrapbookingblog.com/2014/08/01/a-new-challenge/ where this month's theme is Encouragement.
It took  quite a lot of time to mask off all the little sections where I didn't want to apply any ink.
I used a new stencil from the Crafter's Workshop that I had purchased and this was the first time that I put it to use.
I laid down only one side of the stencil, masked off all the little sections and started to apply my inks. First the yellow, then the red and finally the green.
I realized that I had missed a little piece of green leaf at the top of the card and also a little piece of the yellow leaf at the bottom of the card so I carefully repositioned the stencil and inked those 2 little bits.






Anyway, I am quite happy how this turned out. Popped the whole panel up with foam dots and added a tiny strip of gold glitter paper down the left side for a little extra sparkle. Thought it also needed a few sequins to match.
So there you have it.

Thanks for stopping by,

Judy

Supplies used:
The Crafter's Workshop Mini Art Deco Leaves stencil
Hero Arts sentiment Everyday Sayings clear stamp set CL342
Distress inks - Peeled Paint, Barn Door and Mustard Seed
Sequins
Glitter cardstock

No comments:

Post a Comment