Monday, December 22, 2014

More Christmas cards:)

Hi there,

I couldn't resist the current challenge at http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/ to create a couple of cards using Penny Black products.
On my first card I used a Penny Black sticker which I layered over light turquoise paper and then added a dark brown die cut circle to the outside. Then I adhered the sticker which I accented with some Stickles for some added sparkle.
I used a large stitched die circle to outline the sticker piece. I then masked the large circle and stamped the snow background with white ink onto the whole card.
Added my sentiment (in French) which means Best Wishes and some dark brown rhinestone accents.



For my second card I stamped the beautiful tree with Versamark ink and white embossing powder on watercolour paper and then applied a wash of various distress inks over top until I achieved the look I wanted. Adhered that panel to some patterned paper and then popped the whole thing up with some foam tape to an embossed card front using a dot embossing folder. Added the metallic die sentiment in silver metallic.



Well that's it for today.

Judy

Supplies used:

Card 1
Penny Black Christmas Joy Stickeroos
Hero Arts Lg Background snow stamp S5637
Lawn Fawn large Stitched circles die set
Spellbinders Circles dies
Sentiment from Bonnidee
Memories Unicorn pigment white ink
Stickles
Rhinestones

Card 2
Penny Black Before The Snow stamp 3993K
Penny Black Joy die from the Love & Joy set
Hero Arts Dots embossing folder (Christmas Words & Dots set)
Distress inks - Tumbled Glass, Chipped Sapphire
Bo Bunny Powder Mountain 6x6 paper pad
Metallic silver c/s








No comments:

Post a Comment