Monday, August 03, 2015

Sailing anyone!

Hi there,

Last week I received some new dies from Simon Says Stamp - the Sailboat die and the Sunshine die.
I couldn't wait to use them so I created this card:


I first started by applying three different colours of blue distress inks to my cardstock. When I was happy with the blending I used a Spellbinders die to cut out 3 sets of waves. I then used a stencil to apply the sunshine rays to my card. The sun was cut using a circle stitched die.
I popped up the waves with some foam tape and then ran the whole piece through my Cuttlebug using a stitched die from SSS.

I die cut the sailboat and applied Wink of Stella to the sails and Glossy accents to the base of the boat. I then added different Copic colours to a piece of cardstock and die cut the sunshine piece.

When all was done I added some water droplets to the waves and tucked a few sequins in behind the waves to make it look like they were buoys lol!

Thanks for stopping by,

Judy

Supplies:

Spellbinders Classic Scallop Edgeabilities
Stencil Girl sunshine stencil
SSS Stitched Rectangles die
SSS Sailboat die
SSS Sunshine die
Lawn Fawn Stitched Circle die set 
Distress inks - Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, Mermaid Lagoon, Mustard Seed, Squeezed Lemonade
Wink of Stella
Glossy Accents





No comments:

Post a Comment