Friday, August 28, 2015

wishing we lived closer

Hi there,

I must say that I have never been one to use too many soft pastel colours on my cards. Well that changed this week with the current SSS Flickr challenge #26 to Play with Pastels.

The sentiment is for my daughter and fiance who just left after visiting for a week. I miss them!

Here's my card:



I pulled out a Color Box queue ink set called Rainbow Sherbet. The colours are nice and soft and perfect for this card.

I used a stencil and daubers to apply the different colours for the background. When I was happy with that I stamped the sentiment in black ink. The whole panel was die cut using a large rectangle die. I created the sentiment by scribbling a Copic marker onto some cardstock and then cutting out the die. I cut the sentiment again but this time from some fun foam to give it some added dimension.I thought that it still needed a little extra something so I ran a piece of washi tape across the bottom of the panel

Added a light blue pearl and that's it. Card is done!!

Thanks for stopping by,

Supplies:
SSS Falling Heart stencil
SSS Stitched Rectangles die
SSS Sending & Wishing stamp set
SSS Wishing die
Copic marker BG11
Washi tape
Color Box Rainbow Sherbet ink set
Fun foam

No comments:

Post a Comment