Friday, October 13, 2017

Simon Says Stamp Flickr Challenge 82 - "Fall is in the Air"

Happy Friday everyone,

Well it's time again for a new SSS Flickr challenge here where you will find details on how to play. I do hope you can join in.

I was so exited when Barb asked me to guest design for this challenge where the theme is "Fall is in the Air". This was so perfect for me as this is my favourite time of the year. I created 3 cards for this and decided to work Fall colours into all of my cards.

For my first card I used the SSS Clustered Leaves die as my focal point.


I started by creating a watercolour pallette on my craft sheet using Distress inks in Abandoned Coral, Carved Pumpkin and Shabby Shutters. I spritzed some water over each colour and then took a piece of watercolour cardstock and pressed that down over the colours. Once I was happy with the blend I die cut the leaf die from it. Set that aside and went onto creating my background piece. I used a SSS Stitched Rectangle die to emboss the edges of my card and added some gold drops using a metallic shimmer spray. I popped up the leaf die cut piece with small pieces of foam tape adhered behind each leaf to give it some dimension then added some clear Wink of Stella to each leaf to give it a little touch sparkle.

I then die cut the hello sentiment from some black cardstock and added that to the centre of my card adhering it with some Tombow Mono glue.

Here's card #2.


For this card I used the SSS Full Card Triangles die and cut this from Neenah Desert Storm cardstock.
I kept all the little pieces that fell out from the die and saved them for later.
I took a piece of white cardstock and carefully masked off strips of colour using a combination of Distress and Distress Oxide inks so that they would line up with the die cover piece once I added it to the front of my card. 
From the top of my card this is the order of colours - Distress Spiced Marmalade, Distress Oxide Fossilized Amber, Distress Oxide Candied Apple, Distress Gathered Twigs, Distress Mustard Seed and finally Distress Oxide Spiced Marmalade.
Once I was happy with the total blend of colours I added that piece to a Desert Storm card base.  I then gave the whole panel a little spritz of water to add a little effect. I then carefully laid the die cut piece over the panel making sure everything lined up. Some of the little leftover triangles that I saved earlier where added here and there on the card. Some I laid down flat and some I popped up with a little foam tape.
For my sentiment I used a stamp from the SSS Work Out stamp set, stamped with Versamark ink and embossed it with Gold Detail embossing powder. Added the strip to my card with foam tape. I added a little watercolour leaf using a Lawn Fawn die to which I added some gold Wink of Stella.
I added some Nuvo Crystal drops in Red Berry, Dandelion Yellow and Ripened Pumpkin for a little additonal accents.

Onto card #3.



For this card I used a SSS stencil called Swirls and Dots. I adhered the stencil to a piece of white cardstock and then started to blend in various Distress inks - Squeezed Lemonade, Peeled Paint, Festive Berries, Ripe Persimmon and finally Distress Oxide in Wilted Violet.
While the stencil was still in place I added some Translucent Embossing paste over the top of the whole piece. When dry it gives a nice shiny effect and still allows the colours underneath to show through.
I used a SSS A2 Card Curved Edge die to cut out the bottom piece of my background.
I took a piece of black cardstock cut to the the size I needed to add to my card and then embossed the sentiment from SSS Thanks stamp set with white embossing powder.
I added the coloured panel to the black piece with some foam tape and applied a Nuvo Crystal drop in Dandelion Yellow.

Well that's it for my cards and I hope you have fun creating your own for this challenge and I would like to thank Barb again for inviting me to join in today and thanks to all of you for viewing my cards.

I have listed all the supplies below again for each card.

Card #1 -
SSS Clustered Leaves die
SSS Stitched Rectangle die
SSS Small Hello die
Distress Inks - Shabby Shutters, Abandoned Coral, Carved Pumpkin
Hero Arts - Gold Metallic Shimmer spray

Card # 2 -
SSS Full Card Triangles die
SSS Work Out stamp set
Distress Inks - Spiced Marmalade, Gathered Twigs, Mustard Seed
Distress Oxide Inks - Fossilized Amber, Candied Apple, Spiced Marmalade
Lawn Fawn Small Stitched Leaves die set
Nuvo Crystal Drops - Dandelion Yellow, Red Berry, Ripened Pumpkin
Wink of Stella - Gold

Card # 3 -
SSS Swirls and Dots stencil
SSS A2 Card Curved Edge die
SSS Stitched Rectangle die
SSS Thanks 3x4 stamp set
Distress Inks - Squeezed Lemonade, Peeled Paint, Festive Berries, Ripe Persimmon
Distress Oxide Inks - Wilted Violet
Dreamweaver Translucent Embossing paste
Nuvo Crystal Drops - Dandelion Yellow

No comments:

Post a Comment