Monday, April 09, 2018

Little Birdie Birthday wishes

Hi everyone,

Hope you all enjoyed a nice weekend. Still waiting for Spring here but I did see a couple of robins so that is a good sign.

Today's card is for both the Simon Says Stamp 'Happy Birthday' Wednesday challenge here and also their Flickr group challenge #94 where the theme is 'Ink Blending'.

Here's my card.


I started by blending my background using 4 different colours of Distress Inks. I then die cut the Falling Circles Cover Plate die from Neat and Tangled. The die just cuts a clean edge so I decided to run it through my machine again using a large stitched rectangle die from Simon Says Stamp to give it a stitched edge.

I added the blended panel directly to my card base and then added the cut panel being careful to add tape in and around all the little spots so that I could be sure the whole panel would adhere.

I stamped 3 little birdies, also from a Neat and Tangled set and then coloured them using Zigs.

The sentiment was stamped with black ink and die cut using the Basic Banners set from WPlus9.

Added some twine from Doodlebug to my card and that's it for this one.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Supplies:

Neat and Tangled Falling Circles Cover Plate die
Neat and Tangled Get Yeti stamp and die set
WPlus9 Basic Banners stamp and die set
Distress Ink - Twisted Citron, Carved Pumpkin, Candied Apple & Mustard Seed
Dooglebug twine

No comments:

Post a Comment