Monday, June 04, 2018

Glitter Weave

Hi everyone,

Today I have a card using Altenew's Weave Builder stencil and some Nuvo glimmer paste for an embossed effect.
Also entering this in the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge where the theme is 'Anything Goes' here and also their Flickr challenge of 'Embossing'.

Here's my card:


I first started by applying Fossilized Amber distress oxide ink to the first part of the stencil layering.
I turned the stencil and applied the second layer which was Peacock Feathers distress oxide ink.

When that was complete I laid the stencil back down so that the Peacock Feathers colour was exposed. Then I proceeded to add Nuvo glimmer paste to the stencil. Unfortunately the lovely sparkle doesn't show through in the phote. I set that aside to dry and once dry I ran the panel through my die cut machine using the Simon Says Stamp stitched rectangle die set.

I then moved onto creating the sentiment by diecutting it 3 times in white, turquoise and yellow cardstock and stacked the 3 pieces on top of each other and gluing them in place slightly offset from each other.

I added some sequins and a Nuvo crystal drop over the 'i".

Well that's it for my card and thanks so much for stopping by.

Supplies:

Altenew Weave Builder stencil
Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle die set
Lawn Fawn Happy Birthday Line Border
Distress Oxide inks Fossilized Amber, Peacock Feathers
Nuvo Moonstone glimmer paste
Nuvo Crystal drops Caribbean Ocean
Craft pallette knife
Sequins




No comments:

Post a Comment