Monday, December 07, 2015

Christmas shaker tag

Hi everyone,

I haven't been posting too much lately as I seem to be all caught up in the Holiday swing of things. I did however have some time to put together a tag using a new Xmas die from Simon Says Stamp. Entering this in both the SSS Anything Xmas Flickrchallenge#33 and also the Wednesday challenge Let it Snow here on their blog.
This can be used as a gift tag or a tree ornament.




I created the sentiment part of the tag first by blending a couple of different inks together and then die cutting the snowflake ornament tag once from the coloured piece and once from white cardstock and layering the two together.
I moved onto cutting the tag by die cutting a piece of white card stock and also a piece of transperency. sheet. Seeing as I was using a large stitched circle die I decided to stitch the two pieces together using some red and white twine. Just before I had completed the stitching I added the various colours of sequins and some silver stars, closed up the stitching and applied the the die tag to the front using some Multi Matte Medium.
Well that's it for today.

Thanks for stopping by,

Supplies:
Simon Says Stamp Merry Christmas Ornament die
Lawn Fawn Large Stitched circles die
Distress inks
Sequins - ArtMinds at Michael's


No comments:

Post a Comment