Friday, February 23, 2018

Heartfelt thanks

Hi everyone,

Today's card was created using Alcohol inks for the background and I am also entering it into the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge where the theme is 'Make your own background' here and the SSS Flickrchallenge where the theme is 'Anything Goes'.

Alcohol inks seem to be making a huge comeback. The results are beautiful even though the inks and blending solution are a little stinky.


I blended only 2 colours for the background and then decided to add some white Snow Cap Mixative alcohol drops to it. I guess I didn't shake the bottle enough to mix it up and what happened was I was left with some clear circles and white circles here and there. I decided to heat emboss it and it actually raised up the circles a little bit. Kind of gave the whole background a neat effect.

Once I was finished with the background I embossed the card base using 2 different sizes of rectangle stitched dies.

The die sentiment was cut 4 times and layered one on top of the other. I coloured the die piece using a Copic marker and added some clear Wink of Stella.

The stamped sentiment was embossed onto black cardstock with white embossing powder.

I layered the whole panel onto a piece of foam and adhered to the base.

Well that's it for my card and thanks for stopping by.

Supplies:

Alcohol Ink in Patina and Amethyst
Ranger Adirondack Mixatives Snow Cap
SSS Stitched Rectangle die set
SSS Thanks stamp set
PTI Thanks die
Wink of Stella clear

No comments:

Post a Comment