Thursday, March 22, 2018

Easter pop up cards

Hi everyone,

I have had the Scalloped Box Card Pop-Up die set from Lawn Fawn probably since last summer but just decided lately to pull it out and make a couple of Easter card boxes for my Yoga/Pilates instructors' 2 grandchildren.

I must admit that I didn't break any speed records making these as it took me quite some time to do both. It was definitely worth the time though as I am over the moon happy with how both of them turned out.

Thought these would be perfect also to enter in the current Lawn Fawnatics 'Color Inspiration' challenge found here.

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge Badge

Here are my card boxes.








I started by diecutting and assembling the box first and then added patterned paper panels to the four top pieces of the box that show when the box is open and panels to three sides of the box when folded close.

I stamped and coloured all the images on Copic friendly paper and used the matching dies to cut them out.  Die cut the grassy borders and added them to the inside of each box.

I used thin strips of clear plastic to mount some of the images so that they wobble when you shake the box and directly adhered the other images to the box and grass.

Added some glossy accents to the eggs on the front panel and Wink of Stella to all the other eggs. Added Stickles glitter to each of the bows on the rabbits, some liquid applique to the bunny tails and ears and googly eyes to the bunnies.

And voila. As I was so pleased with the results that I can see myself making a few more of these in the near future. Stay tuned!

Well that's it for these boxes and thanks for stopping by.

Supplies:

Lawn Fawn Scallped Box Card Pop-Up die set
Lawn Fawn Eggstra Sprcial Easter stamp and die set
Lawn Fawn Snow Day stamp and die set
Lawn Fawn Grassy Hillside Borders die set
Lawn Fawn Perfectly Plaid 6 x 6 paper pack
Lawn Fawn Perfectly Plaid Rainbow 6 x 6 paper pack
Stickles Xmas red glitter
Wink of Stella clear
Liquid Applique white



No comments:

Post a Comment