Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Sending hugs & happy thoughts

Hi everyone,

Today's card is for the current SSS Wednesday challenge here where the theme is 'Floral Frenzy'.

As they are showcasing Altenew Products I went with the Beautiful Day stamp set.


I started by stamping a large flower image 3 times with black ink and then filling in some of the spaces using smaller stamps from the set. I then heat embossed the panel with clear embossing powder.
I then moved on to applying Distress ink over the whole panel and adding some water splatters. I must admit I don't own any Pretty Pink Posh stamps or dies (shame on me) until I recently purchased the Stitched Borders 4 die set.
I used one of the dies to cut 2 strips of yellow slightly glittered cardstock to go on both sides of my panel.
Used a large SSS stitched rectangle die to cut out a white panel for my background.
I adhered the white panel to a layer of black cardstock and then added the yellow strips and popped up the panel strip with foam tape.

Finished the card by stamping the sentiment with black ink from the same Altenew stamp set and then added some Nuvo Crystal accent drops.

Well that's it for my card and thanks for stopping by.

Supplies:

Altenew Beautiful Day stamp set
Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Borders 4 die set
SSS Stitched Rectangle die set
Distress Ink - Peacock Feathers
Nuvo Crystal Drops - Caribbean Ocean, Dandelion Yellow
Versafine Onyx black ink

No comments:

Post a Comment