Tuesday, July 09, 2019

Our prayers

Hi everyone,

Today I have a card to share that I created using some watercolour to create a background for this large stamp from Impression Obsession with an inlaid die sentiment. Entering this in the Simon Says Stamp IG challenge for July where the theme is 'Watercolor'. I like to see the different colours poking out from behind the trees


I started by applying different colours of Tombow markers to a craft mat and then spritzing with water and using a smooshing technique to add the colour to a piece of white card stock. I sometimes forget how wonderful Tombow markers are for watercolouring. The results are beautiful.

Once this was dry I stamped the large background image to my piece. I die cut the word prayers first from black and then from white cardstock. At first I was going to add the word in black but it seemed to get lost in the background so I added the white die cut piece so that it would stand out more.  The whole panel was applied to my card base with foam tape so that I could do an inlaid die technique for adding my die cut sentiment. I stamped the smaller word sentiments on black cardstock and heat embossed with white embossing powder.

Well that completes my card and thanks so much for stopping by. 

Supplies:

Impression Obsession Birds on Trees Cover-A-Card stamp
Hero Arts Prayers stamp and die set
Tombow markers - Light Green, Reflex Blue, Light Orange, Green
Hero Arts Black cube ink




No comments:

Post a Comment