Monday, October 16, 2017

Celebrate you

Hi everyone,

I hope you have all had a wonderful weekend. We spent a fantastic, beautiful few days in North Conway, NH where the weather was absolutely beautiful and the leaves in certain areas were quite pretty and worth taking lots of pictures.

I'm back now and have a card to share for the current MFT Color challenge here



and also for Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge where the theme is 'Thinking of You' here


Here's my interpretation:




I started by using a SSS stencil to create the panel for my card. I used 2 different colours of Distress inks and blended the background. I then moved onto the 'celebrate' die cut and blended 2 different shades of blue for this. I die cut the word right into the dotted panel and inlaid the coloured blue word.

I used the Wonky Rectangles die to cut out a panel in yellow and then cut my coloured panel with a smaller die from the same set. To continue with the Wonky theme I thought it would be fun to layer the 2 panels in an off kilter design.

I cut a patterned panel piece to fit the size of my card and adhered that with tape and then also added the yellow panel the same way. My design panel was applied using foam tape.

Added some yellow sequins and it was done.

Well that's it for this card and thanks for stopping by.

Supplies:

Simon Says Stamp Falling Snow stencil
MFT Die-Namics Celebrate die
MFT Die-namics Wonky Stitched Rectangle die set
Distress Oxide inks - Fossilized Amber & Spiced Marmalade
Distress Ink - Blueprint Sketch
SSS Blue Jay mini ink cube
SSS You 3x4 sentiment stamp set
Doodlebug 6x6 Kraft in Color-Color paper pad
Yellow Sequins

No comments:

Post a Comment