Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Thinking of you

Hi everyone,

Today I have a card to share using a Gina K. Designs stencil, some Distress Oxide inks and a technique that I saw Laura Bassen do. She called it 2 layer ink blending on Kraft.



 
I started by cutting a kraft coloured panel slightly smaller than my card base. I taped the stencil down to the panel and began to apply white pigment ink, starting at the top and working my way to the bottom. 

Once I was happy with the white ink that I had applied I shifted the stencil slightly up and to the right and started to ink blend various colours of Distress oxide inks over the white ink. It gave a sort of ghost or shadow. This is a technique from a Laura Bassen video that I saw on Simon Says Stamp website (May 5, 2020). 

The sentiment was stamped and heat embossed with white embossing powder.

I taped the stencil to my card and then added the sentiment with some foam tape.

Well that's it for my and thanks so much for stopping by.

Supplies:

Gina K. Designs droplets stencil
Hello Bluebird McGregor's Garden stamp set (sentiment)
Hero Arts Unicorn white pigment ink
Distress Oxide inks


No comments:

Post a Comment