Sunday, August 23, 2020

Bright side

 Hi everyone,

Today I have a card to share that I created using a stencil from Honey Bee and some Distress Oxide inks.

I have made a few cards lately but haven't posted them as I have been going for super long power walks, Pilates and Yoga outside and generally enjoying the beautiful summer weather without actually spending time with anyone. Oh, and throwing in a couple of Zumba online classes each week. 

Keeping the social distancing thing going as long as we need to but I must admit I do miss my gym friends but don't feel comfortable going back to the gym just yet.

Anyways, here's my card.



I first die cut my panel using a stitched rectangle die from Simon Says Stamp. Which by the way is one of my go to dies for cardmaking. I use it a lot.
I taped down my stencil to my panel and then started to blend each stripe with a different colour of DO ink using my blending brushes. Distress Oxides blend so beautifully that it makes the stripes look as though they were painted onto my panel.

Once I was finished blending I adhered my panel to my card base using some foam tape.

The sentiment is from Paper Roses which I cut to size and foam mounted to my panel as well.

This was such a quick and easy card to make. 

Well that's it for this card and thanks so much for stopping by.

Supplies:

Honey Bee Watercolor Lines stencil
Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle die
Paper Roses Sentiment sheets
Distress Oxide inks - Squeezed Lemonade, Spiced Marmalade, Candied Apple, 
Picked Raspberry and Wilted Violet

No comments:

Post a Comment