Tuesday, January 03, 2023

Little Snowman house

 Hi everyone,

Well I’m off to a good start for 2023 with my first make for this year. 


I started with the 2nd smallest size of the Idea-ology Vignette boxes which measures 2.75” wide by 4”tall.

The background piece to my box was inked with Salvaged Patina and Tumbled Glass.I added the Star mini stencil over top with Distress grit paste and Clear Rock Candy glitter over top. 



To the four outer edges of the box I added Distress Matte texture paste.



I used the Tim Holtz Lumber embossing folder to cover the sides and top of the box. I used Speckled Egg distress ink with a touch of Walnut Stain to colour the pieces.






To the top windows of the frame I added a strip of acetate which I had added Snowfall Grit paste using the snowfall stencil from this year’s Simon Says Stamp Stamptember and Tim Holtz collaboration stamp set.


To the inside walls of the box I added pieces that were embossed using the Tim Holtz mini Brickwork 3-d embossing folder.


I used a frame piece from Idea-ology which I distress with inks and a bit of crackle paste. To the inside floor of the box I added distress paste and mica flakes.


The snowflake is an Impresslits folder. I inked it with Peacock Feathers distress ink and added Statue Foundry wax to the edges.

The snowman was painted with Distress paints and grunge duo a bit with a Walnut Stain Distress crayon.



The sentiment strip at the bottom is Idea-ology. I also added a strip of red velvet ribbon under my snowflake.

Well that’s it for my little snowman box.

Thanks so much for stopping by 🙏🏻

Supplies: 
Idea-ology Baseboards Frames
Idea-ology Vignette Boxes
Idea-ology Worn Wallpaper scraps - Christmas 
Idea-ology Snowman
Sizzix Lumber embossing folder
Sizzix Mini Brickwork embossing folder
Sizzix 3-D Impresslits snowflake
Stampers Anonymous Stamptember 2022 stamp set
Stampers Anonymous Mini stencil set #44
Distress inks - Salvaged Patina, Tumbled Glass
Distress Snowfall grit paste
Distress Grit paste and Matte Texture paste
Distress Mica flakes
Red velvet ribbon




No comments:

Post a Comment