Wednesday, February 02, 2022

Love you heaps

Hi everyone,

Today I have another creation that I made after last Saturday’s Tim Holtz live.









I started by creating my box using the Sizzix Lumber embossing folder. I embossed Kraft card stock twice and then began applying Distress inks until I had the wood colour I was looking for.

I cut the panels in strips and glued them to the sides of my box. I took a Tim Holtz stencil and blended red ink over the stencil. After I had finished blending I left the stencil in place and added some paint in certain areas.

The hearts were created with a heart stencil that I had applied some Distress texture paste over top. When the paste was dry I added some red paint over top of the hearts. I let it dry and cut out the hearts. To some of them I added Mica flakes which I had created with Red Pepper  alcohol ink and the others some glitter powder.

The panel was added to the front of the box and and I accented it with a stitched frame in gold card stock.

I added a piece of red velvet ribbon around the box and topped it out with a gold puffy heart and the sentiment.

Well that’s it for my little Valentine project ❤️ and thanks for stopping by πŸ™πŸ»

Supplies:

Tim Holtz stencils - Hearts, Flourish
Tim Holtz 3-D Texture Fades Lumber embossing folder 
Simon Says Stamp Stitched Square dies
Red Acrylic paint
Distress inks - Walnut Stain, Vintage Photo, Festive Berries
Distress Mica flakes
Distress Texture Paste - matte
Alcohol ink - Red Pepper


 

No comments:

Post a Comment