Monday, June 25, 2018

Hooray you did it!

Hi everyone,

Well I am back from my wonderful vacation in Newfoundland. Such a incredibly beautiful, extraordinary place.

The card I have for today was actually completed before I left on vacation but I didn't have time to post it. It will fit perfectly into the theme for the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge here which is 'Bright and Cheerful'

Here's my card:


I first started by stamping this beautiful image from My Favorite Things and embossing it using white embossing powder. I then went on to colouring each of the sections using different colours of Zigs but not adding any water. It took me a while to colour everything but I was pretty happy with the results. I find the Zig brush pens so vibrant in colour.

I die cut the 'hooray' sentiment first in vellum and then a second time using pink cardstock. The other sentiment from Hero Arts was stamped onto a piece of black cardstock and then embossed with white embossing powder.

Before mounting the panel onto my card base I used a wonky stitched rectangle die to add some interest to the edges.

The background piece and the sentiment were mounted with foam tape and the vellum sentiment was adhered with some glue.

I added some Diamond crystal accents and that finished my card.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Supplies:

MFT Floral Fantasy Background stamp
MFT Wonky Stitched Rectangle die set
Neat and Tangled Hooray dies
Hero Arts Everyday Sayings
Zig Clean Color Real Brush pens - Turquoise Green, Light Blue, Pink, Peach Pink, Yellow, Pale Green
Lucy's Little Things - Diamonds - Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment