Wednesday, October 02, 2019

Bee kind

Hi everyone,

Today I have a card to share that I created for the current Simon Says Stamp Flickr challenge #133 where the theme is to 'Emboss it like a Boss'.



I die cut a panel with a Simon Says Stamp stitched rectangle die and then placed a stencil over top and began blending 2 colours of Distress Oxide inks over it. With the stencil in place I spread a layer of translucent embossing paste over top. I set the whole thing aside and created my die sentiment.

I used a Simon Says Stamp die for the Be die and layered several layers together. I then went onto diecutting just the 'B' again with several layers of black cardstock.

I stamped the word kind onto a piece of black cardstock which was die cut with a Hero Arts die hexagon shape in keeping with my stencil honeycomb pattern.

The Bee was glued to my card base and the kind was foam mounted.

The whole panel was adhered to a blank card that was embossed along the edges using the same rectangle die that I used to cut out my stencil piece.

For a finishing touch I added some snow crystals from Studio Katia.

Well that's it for my card and thanks so much for stopping by.

Supplies:

Memory Box Texture Honey Comb stencil
Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle die
Simon Says Stamp Be stamp set and die
Hero Arts Geometric Shapes die set
Distress Oxide inks - Squeezed Lemonade, Fossilized Amber
Dreamweaver Translucent embossing paste
Studio Katia snow crystals

No comments:

Post a Comment