Friday, October 14, 2022

Collector of curiosities

 Hi everyone,

Today I have a Halloween make for you. I have to admit this took me many, many hours to make but I must say I am quite pleased with the final result. I fussed a lot with the tiny lights but conquered them. Yeah!!!

Here it is:




I started with a wooden hexagon box that I found at my local craft store. There were 3 different sizes this one being the largest which measures approximately 6” x 7”. Photos of the boxes are at the bottom of my post.



I painted the interior black and also the sides. The front facing edges were painted with orange paint. I added washi tape to the sides of the box. Washi tape was also used in multiple areas on this make.

After the black paint was dry I cut the Skulls embossed piece (which I had made previously) to fit the back of the box. As it didn’t fit across the width of the box I added some black tinsel to each side to cover the empty spots.




I made 2 tiny books from Idea-ology and inked and distressed the edges. Added rub ons to the covers. 


I added mummy cloth which was dyed black but actually came out a greyish colour which I left. I added orange tiny lights behind the glittered pumpkins ( I added rock candy glitter to them) and a bit of greenery on the tops.
I also scattered some mica flakes here and there which were dyed with black alcohol ink. 


I added an Etcetera bat wing piece to which I attached a metal spider. I added a metal plate to the candle stick which was painted with Peeled Paint. The candle was attached with some Distress crypt paste.


The bubbles were coloured with alcohol ink.



I added green tiny lights in the cauldron.


I used a Stamper’s Anonymous Etcetera Bat/Web trim and added some Crypt paste to it.





I added crypt paste to the urn and a bit of artificial grass.


The confections were coloured with alcohol ink


The middle shelf was made with chipboard which I covered with washi tape.
Crypt paste was added to several areas of the finished piece.


Bits and pieces of ephemera were added here and there to the background.


I used an Idea-ology bone cut in half and glued the 2 pieces to the mummy cloth.


The chipboard sentiment was added to the front of my piece. I also added 3 resin flowers that were dyed with alcohol ink.



Below is what I used to create my piece. It came in a set of 3 and I used the larger piece. These are the 2 smaller pieces.




Well that’s it for my labour intensive piece but I am so pleased with it. 
Thanks so much for stopping by 🙏🏻

Supplies:

Tim Holtz Skulls embossing folder 
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Halloween pieces
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Design tape 
Tim Holtz Idea-ology tiny lights - green & orange
Stamper’s Anonymous Etcetera Bat/Web trims & stacking ledges
Distress Crypt paste
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Halloween trimmings
Alcohol inks
Distress paints
Distress Rock Candy glitter








No comments:

Post a Comment