Sunday, December 08, 2019

Holiday Snowflakes

Hi everyone,

Today I have 2 cards to share that I created using both the positive and negative from a large snowflake die.

I started by cutting a large panel with a stitched rectangle die and then cut a snowflake from the white piece. I then moved onto die cutting the snowflake from a few different colours of cardstock. I carefully taped all the snowflake pieces together on the back side and then laid them into the snowflake cutout background.

I added foam tape to the back of the panel and adhered it to the card base which was lined with a piece of diagonal stripe patterned paper.




For my second card I die cut the snowflake from a white panel. The background to my snowflake was created by blending 3 different colours of distress oxide inks. I added some white splatters to the panel and adhered it to my card base. I applied foam tape pieces around the edges of the snowflake and turned it into a shaker card using Snow Flurries mix from Taylored Expressions.

Both sentiments are from MFT stamps.



Well that's it for both cards and thanks so much for stopping by.

Supplies:

Impression Obsession Snowflake die - DIE093-X
Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle die set
Distress Oxide inks - Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers, Broken China
Taylored Expressions Snow Flurries sequin mix

No comments:

Post a Comment