Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Valentine's Hugs are the Best

Hi everyone,

Hope you are all back in the swing of things after the holidays and are busy crafting again.

I seem to be in the Valentine mode right now creating cards for Valentine's Day.
There is also the current Simon Says Stamp Flickr challenge where the theme is to 'Stencil It' so I decided to use a Tim Holtz for this theme.


I started by taping a Tim Holtz Hearts stencil to a piece of cardstock. I added a layer of Deco Foil transfer gel to the stencil and set it to dry. Once dry I cut a piece of Gina K. Fancy Foil to the size of my piece and ran it through my laminating machine. It's hard to tell from the photo but there is a really nice glittery sparkle to this foil.

I die cut a circle from the piece and then die cut a larger circle in white with a stitched circle die and then and added it to the base. I popped up the heart circle piece with some foam tape and applied it on top.

The hugs die was cut 3 or 4 times from black cardstock and the pieces glued together for some dimension.
I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of black cardstock and heat embossed with white embossing powder.

I cut a frame from a scalloped rectangle die and added it around my piece.

Well that's it for my card and thanks so much for stopping by.

Supplies:

Tim Holtz Hearts stencil
Simon Says Stamp Painted Hugs die
Simon Says Stamp You 3x4 stamp set
Simon Says Stamp Stitched Circles die set
MFT Die-namics Stitched Rectangle Scallop Frame die set
MFT Die-namics Stitched Circle Scallop Frame die set
Gina K. Radiant Red Fancy Foil
Simon Says Stamp white embossing powder
Royal Sovereign laminating machine

No comments:

Post a Comment